- Find that you are preoccupied with weight control or body image?
- Feel embarrassed or ashamed of your body?
- Feel afraid of food because food has so much control over your life?
- Feel powerful when you restrict your calorie intake or lose a few pounds?
- Find yourself starting a new diet every Monday?
- Restrict your food below acceptable healthy calorie limits in order to lose weight?
- Binge on food, binge then purge, or just eat to the point of discomfort?
- Eat even when not hungry?
- Feel out of control when it comes to how much you eat?
- Eat alone due to embarrassment about how much you are eating?
- Feel depressed, disgusted or embarrassed about your eating habits?
- Miss out on life and avoid things because of your body size/shape?
- Avoid mirrors because you don’t want to look at yourself?
- Think about food constantly?
- Feel like,
“Everything would be better if only I could lose this weight!”
Answering yes to any of the above questions indicates that issues with food and/or body image take up a lot of “mental space” in your life. I know how hard it is to feel like food and your weight rule your life. You feel like you are a prisoner inside a body that won’t allow you to really live.
After countless heartfelt efforts at dieting fail, the yo-yo effect can easily lead to surrender and defeat. This cycle of dieting and depravation will leave you bruised and beaten, with low self-esteem and even lower confidence in your ability to create anything positive in your life. At best, you spend too much time and money trying to achieve “the perfect you”, and at worst, food and body image obsession can lead to dangerous and life threatening behaviors and disordered eating.
Your life does not have to feel like a constant struggle. Every single one of us is not only capable of positive change, but we are deserving of it. I would love to help you in finding your way out of the struggle and into living a fulfilling life.